Friday, January 9, 2009

My Sister Carolyn


This week we celebrated my sister Carolyn's birthday. I made her a collage on a wood plaque. This is the first time I have attempted such a thing. There is a photo of her when she was about two years old and then things she likes around her. I painted the wood with acrylic paints, then stamped, colored with chalks, and glued pictures on. I worked on the collage for two weeks, alternately liking and disliking it in the process. But I do like how it turned out. You can click on the photo to see the details better.


I have 5 younger sisters and Carolyn is the 3rd oldest. She and I have a lot in common and I love her dearly. She is a wonderful, caring person and a great friend as well as sister. I am very blessed to have all the terrific sisters that I have.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

The collage is beautiful, I like the temple amidst the blue. We are still sick at our house, thanks for the get well wish. I'll let you know about the book. Oh, I am such a Glen Beck Fan, I loved his latest on miracle at the hudson! Do you ever get emails from Meridian Magizine? That is another favorite site I like.
Have a GOOD WEEK!