Friday, December 26, 2008

Sweet Grandma Ridd




Even though she has been gone for many years, I think about my Grandma Ridd quite often and I found out that my sisters also think about her often. At her funeral, I found things out about her that I hadn't known before. I found out that she loved trees like I do and that one of her favorite poems was "I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree..." I love that poem, too. I wish I had known that while she was alive and that I could have talked to her about it. I also wish I hadn't been so shy growing up and had talked with Grandma more and gotten to know her better.She and Grandpa lived just a few houses down the street from us, which we loved. What a wonderful, talented grandma she was! I love her dearly.


I made a collage with a photo of my grandma when she was in 8th grade. The background is a painting that she did in her 70's and the collage includes items that represent her trees and gardening that she loved. I reduced this on the computer and made necklaces for each of my sisters and my mom for Christmas. Fortunately, my sisters' and mom's necklaces don't have a bubble in the resin right over grandma's forhead like mine shown here!

No comments: