Monday, August 18, 2008

The Magnificence of Nature


A few years ago we planted these hibiscus plants in our front garden area and they grow back big and beautiful every year. They are HUGE! We have neighbors a few blocks away who come over just to see them every summer. I'm glad the blooms last a long time. I love these flowers and I love this beautiful world that we live in. The magnificence of nature has always thrilled my soul. I love to sit on our back deck and look at the different trees and hear the birds singing and watching them fly around. A couple of days ago, Julie and I were sitting in the living room and a humming bird came right up to the window and flitted around for several seconds. It was a thrill to us. I hadn't seen a hummingbird in our yard for ages. It made us remember a few years ago at my sister, Becky's house when we stood still with our hands around the base of her hummingbird feeder and several birds came flitting around our heads and landed by our hands to drink from the feeder. That was one of the neatest experiences of my life! I love birds and because of my terrible eyesight I can't see them in detail unless they are "up close and personal". So these experiences when I can see them closely mean a lot to me!




1 comment:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Every time I drive by them it makes me smile and remember all of my fun times at BYU- Hawaii. They are a lot bigger than last year and so beautiful